Weston County Health Services is seeking full-time clinical pharmacist to provide medication therapy management services in collaboration with other providers to assure that medication therapy is safe, effective, efficient, and cost-effective. Pharmacy service provided include interdisciplinary patient care, medication reconciliation, medication therapy monitoring, long-term care consultation, medication orders management, patient education, drug information, drug dosing, and education activities. The clinical pharmacist performs both clinical and distributive tasks necessary to ensure care of patients. The pharmacist acts independently within the scope of their license and area of expertise with the help of policies, procedures, and practice guidelines with support from the Pharmacy Manager.
- Primary Schedule Monday through Friday.
- Limited Weekend Coverage
- Rotating Holiday Schedule
- Clinical position with inpatient/resident coverage
- Serves as clinical pharmacist providing care for our Critical Access Hospital, Inpatient, Outpatient pharmacy services. Assess and review patients medical statues and advises on prescribed medication to optimize patient outcomes.
- Provides oversite of pharmacy technicians
- Reference for medical, nursing staff, and patients.
- Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team to maximize patient outcomes.
- Performs and documents medication reconciliation, comparing prescriber’s orders to the patient’s active medication list(s).
- Reconciles discharge medication orders with inpatient pharmacy profile and admission medication history and performs discharge counseling.
- Ensures that patient medication regimes are consistent with all WCHS medication use guidelines and policies and formulary.
- Medication Therapy monitoring
- Coordination of pharmacy receiving, dispensing and distribution
- Prepares and/or checks all non-sterile and sterile compounds.
- Doctorate in Pharmacy
- Current Wyoming Pharmacy License
- Exceptional knowledge of medical terminology and processes.
- Has and maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Clinical pharmacy and orders management experience preferred.