Medical Laboratory Services
Laboratory Services is open Monday-Friday from 7am to 7pm; and Saturday from 7am to noon for all Routine Out-Patient testing. Non-routine Outpatient testing, such as Newborn Screening or post-radiation testing that has to be performed on a Sunday is available by appointment, as well. If you need Non-Routine testing to be performed during our ‘Closed’ hours please call 307-746-3703 and make arrangements with one of our staff members. We are also available 24/7/365 for Emergency Department Services and urgent In-Patient care needs as directed by our Medical Staff.
To allow community members in and around Upton easier access without traveling to Newcastle each month, we perform blood draws at the Clinic in Upton on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month starting at 7 am till the last patient is drawn.
Diagnostic Service areas that we provide are:
• Hematology – such as CBC’s for detecting anemia or infection
• Coagulation – Monitoring clotting or bleeding disorders and medication
• Chemistry – Monitoring general health for diseases such as diabetes, cholesterol levels, thyroid functions, cancer screening, etc.
• Urinalysis – for urinary tract infections, kidney stones, hydration, medication monitoring etc.
• Bacteriology – Identification of bacteria that cause infection and perform susceptibility testing to determine which antibiotics will be most effective for treatment options.
• Serology – test for other infections such as Mono, Strep Throat, Pneumonia, pregnancy and many others.
• Blood Bank – provide OB testing for expectant mothers, blood typing and antibody screens as well as providing Blood Units for transfusion for outpatients or in emergency cases.
(Download our Wellness Wednesday brochure)
Consumer Driven Blood Testing is not intended to replace the doctor-patient relationship. It is simply a way for patients to gain easier access to their own health data. The 2nd and 4th Wednesday, each month from 6:30 am-8:30 am we are open for Health and Wellness testing services. We offer specific laboratory tests at a reduced rate for our customers to enable everyone to have access to testing and the results for improving health in our community. Receipts for services (testing) requested and completed are available for the customer to turn in to their insurance providers for possible coverage. This is a terrific program that we are excited to bring to our community!
Occupational Screening for Employers
WCHS Laboratory employs Department of Transportation (DOT) Certified Urine Drug Screen and Blood Alcohol Testing (BAT) collectors. We are open for NON-DOT and
DOT employee screens M-F from 8am to 6pm. Appointments for testing are required so please call 307-746-3703 to schedule your employees for Pre-Employment, Random, Suspicion, Post-Accident and Follow-up needs. We also are available during ‘Off’ hours for Post-Accident or Suspicion testing with an additional “Call-Back” fee.
The Laboratory staff is here to provide excellent customer care and services. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, suggestions, or concerns that you may have. Respectfully, Kim E. Harbarger MT ( ASCP) Laboratory Manager 307-746-3737.